This page contains affiliate links. For more information please read our Disclosure Policy.
Grab yourself a cuppa, settle in for a coze and stay for the read…
Welcome my Friend. My name is Gerry and I have an addiction… I love to read. If you are here then I bet you love to read too. Though my favorite subject is historical romance, I like to get myself lost in any story that can keep my interest. If I like a story, I’ll tell you here and if it didn’t keep my interest, I tell you that as well.
In a past blogging life, I was a frugal living blogger and found that I would often have my nose buried in a book rather than writing my next post. I love blogging, but knew my focus had to change. Now I have the best of both worlds.
I can share my love of reading, and expressing opinions, with like minded friends and invite you to share your opinions too. We may have to agree to disagree, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still be friends.
Every book has something to teach about the world we live in. Whether it be an insiders view of a career choice, a different cultural perspective or the history of a different time and place. Each story offers a window of something we may not see first hand in our little corners of the world.
I encourage you to share what you see through that window.
20 Questions with Gerry
- Favorite Book: I don’t have one favorite, sort of, however I always have a copy of The Complete Novels of Jane Austin on my bookshelf.
- Favorite Fictional Character: Scarlet O’Hara – strength, determination and vulnerability all in one neat little package.
- Favorite Music: I am a huge fan of Nickelback. I love the way Chad screams out a good story. I enjoy multiple genres: Country, Jazz, Christian Rock, Christmas Albums and Techno anything.
- Favorite Hobby (after Reading): Scrap and Alter booking. I love hobbies that tell a story.
- Favorite Junk Food: Mars Bar
- Favorite Movie: BBC’s 1995 Version of Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite Video Game: Anything in the Final Fantasy Series
- Favorite Musical: Singing in the Rain
- If I could sit down and chat with anyone, it would be: Oprah Winfrey,I would like to thank her for showing the women of the world that no matter where you start out, you can get yourself where you want to go.
- My Dream Vacation Get-away: New Zealand; I think it would be a great place to hang out with a fly rod.
- Favorite Teacher: Mr. Huber, from High School. He had a way of making history come alive and still be relevant.
- Favorite Spectator Sport: Hockey – Go Flames!
- Favorite Outdoor Activity: Hiking
- Favorite Childhood Book: I read all 56 of Caroline Keene’s original Nancy Drew series. I still read the newer ones every now and then.
- If I had a Super Power, it would be: The ability to manipulate matter.
- Favorite Holiday: Halloween
- Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Favorite Time Period in History: Regency Period England
- Favorite Ballet: Nutcracker Suite
- Least Favorite House Chore: Dusting
* Pinky Swear *
There are affiliate links on this site and I do receive a small commission from any purchases made from them. There is no extra cost to you for this, and please, don’t feel obligated to buy anything. Freely use the links as a research reference for any products I mention in my posts. If I don’t love it, trust it, or use it I won’t link to it. (That goes for source linking as well.) If you do choose to buy from any affiliate links, Thank You Kindly. Any commissions earned help to support the Read with a Cuppa site.
* A Quick Word About Charity Challenges *
Each season I will post a Charity Challenge. These are personal reading challenges that are meant as a way to bring awareness to a charitable organization or cause. You don’t have to donate to the charity that is being highlighted. I encourage you though, to give if you can or to purchase the books on the listing from a thrift or charity shop.
Awareness of a cause is sometimes the best way to support the cause.
Thanks for being here. Now go grab a book, find your favorite place to coze and take some time to just slip away and enjoy.